Executive Assistant to the CEO
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the CEO
Reports to: CEO
This is a full time position devoted to assisting the CEO. The assistant will support the CEO in areas such as completion of special projects and reports, calendar management and scheduling, preparation for and reporting on meetings, correspondence, filing, telephones, travel logistics and other special events and duties as needed.
Duties and responsibilities
- Preparing reports, memos, invoices letters, and other documents
- Answering phones and routing calls to the correct person or taking messages
- Handling basic bookkeeping tasks
- Act as the point of contact between executives and employees/clients
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports
- Researching and conducting data to prepare documents for review and presentation by boards of directors, committees, and executives
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Helping prepare for meetings
- Accurately recording minutes from meetings
- Greeting visitors and deciding if they should be able to meet with executives
- Using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software
- Reading and analyzing incoming memos, submissions, and distributing them as needed
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Performing office duties that include managing records database and travel arrangements for executives
- Organize and maintain the office filing system
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming faxes, emails, and other correspondence
- Provide general administrative support
- Oversee the performance of other clerical staff
- Participate in other activities at the discretion of management available
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail and a tolerance for working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Upbeat, positive, outgoing, personable and able to relate well with diverse populations and age groups
- Demonstrated commitment to completion of projects on a timely basis
- Excellent verbal, written and keyboard skills
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task & work well under pressure
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs, especially MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Fluent in English
- University degree required
- Minimum of three years of related experience
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please specify the position you are applying for on the head of the e-mail.