Planning and design engineer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the design and the preparation of Telecommunication Projects which includes; fiber optic and copper network design, civil works project design for telecommunication networks, data center design for telecommunication equipment, telecommunication towers and technical rooms.
- Determine and develop the most suitable and economically viable construction and engineering methods for projects.
- Responsible for planning necessary resources for the network and infrastructure.
- Deciding on the most appropriate engineering techniques and sequences of activities for each project stage.
- Drawing plans; using specialised design software packages.
- Making estimations for timescales and costs.
- Responsible to prepare BoM and the respective cost analysis for the projects.
- Maintains and updates the documentation related to networking infrastructure and elements like junctions, boxes, panels etc, topologies, architectures.
- Assists in implementing supporting policies and procedures for the department and also additional documentation according to the signed contracts between TRING and it’s customers.
- Supervise the implementation of the projects according to policies and procedures. Supervising the project at all stages and providing solutions to problems.
- Assist his colleagues on training.
University degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or relevant area Post-graduate degree.
3 or more years work experience in a relative functional area.
SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Knowledge on designing physical telecommunication network infrastructure.
- Basic Knowledge on data center design.
- Basic knowledge on telecommunication network elements, labeling methods and their documentation.
- Basic knowledge on networking terminology, transmission protocols, telecommunication medias like fiber and copper.
- Basic knowledge on the process of physical network layout, junctions preparation, physical signal loss related to the media type,
- Knowledge on Autocad, GIS, Office programs.
- Business oriented thinking, communication skills;
- Team Oriented and Creative Thinking;
- Strong analytical, planning, project management, supervision, and problem solving abilities.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities within time, budget and technical constraints.
- Ability to analyze work processes and procedures for improvement opportunities.
- Experience in technical project management, including developing and managing technical project timelines, and prioritizing and assigning project tasks, and assessing progress.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Fluent in English.
- Driving license.
Note: Besides everyday work specified in this JD, employee has to realize extra work (For special occasions) given by his supervisor within the departmental profile.