IT Specialist/Windows Administrator
Job title: IT Specialist/Windows Administrator
Department: IT Operations Department
Reports to: IT Operations Manager
Responsible for installation, operations and maintenance of company’s IT server infrastructure
Duties and responsibilities:
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Installs and maintains Windows operating systems and servers along with their associated services.
- Implements/recommends policies on system use and services.
- Perform day to day maintenance on company Desktops, printers and user problems.
- Manages LAN switches
- Server hardware/software upgrade and maintenance
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Monitoring and troubleshooting critical services for servers
- Administration and maintenance for server applications such as file sharing, mail, ftp etc for company
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Develop new solution for information management
- Evaluate technical requirements for new company projects
- Prepare documentation and user guide tutorials for new applications needed for company staff and/or customers
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Prepare and applying backup and disaster recovery procedures for servers and PC’s.
- Maintain web hosting servers and services
- Update operational log files for servers
- Update CMDB files as per company policy
- Hardware/software upgrade and maintenance for all company pc’s
- Printer/scanner/photocopies maintenance
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Provide remote and on-site support to staff and other departments
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Educational Background: University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant area
Post – Graduate Degree Optional
Windows training certification strongly advised
Professional Experience: 3 or more years work experience in a relative functional area
Skills and Ability:
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills; capable of writing purchase justifications, and interacting positively with upper management.
- Independent problem solving; self-direction.
- To be comfortable with most aspects of Windows systems administration; for example, configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, printing systems, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows based environments.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtualbox)
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios, Cacti)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- A solid understanding of Windows client/server operating systems; understands Active Directory, devices and what device drivers do, Outlook/Exchange messaging.
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; file sharing, DNS, basic network routing concepts.
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language.
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g., ASP.Net, Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Private/Public Cloud experience
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts; understands principles of routing, client/server programming, the design of consistent network-wide file system layouts.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Fluent in English
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a CV not later than 30 November 2019, to: email@example.com.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please specify the position you are applying for on the head of the e-mail.