Product Development Specialist
Job title: Product Development Specialist
Reporting To: B2B Manager Department
The Product Development Specialist position is responsible for significant contributions to new product, Internet, Telephon and TV Services introductions while defining, developing and executing product line strategy for assigned products/services for Busieness to Consumers and Business to Business segments. The ideal candidate will become a subject matter expert of assigned product lines, developing new product ideas based on thorough market analysis, customer feedback and an entrepreneurial & innovative spirit. The role is responsible for leading development and meeting revenue and gross margin objectives throughout the product lifecycle from concept ideation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and assesses opportunities for innovation or entrance into new vertical or horizontal markets
- Has a thorough understanding of industry trends and market needs/opportunities through extensive market research, including: online competitive analysis, off-site trendspotting, web research, customer feedback, competitive analysis, trade show attendance, etc.
- Uses market, product and customer knowledge to identify new product/service opportunities and changes/enhancements to current product line
- Aligns product offerings with vertical market and sales segments
- Monitors & develops assigned product lines at each stage in their life cycle
- Develops and drives product strategy consistent with departmental goals and objectives
- Defines and communicates new product features to cross-functional teams, including documentation & support materials for product additions and changes
- Analyzes product samples in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Works collaboratively with Product Manager and other cross-functional teams ( Marketing/Branding, Advertising, Sales) to outline target product release dates
- Works closely with internal teams to take products from concept to production
- Represents Product Development on cross-functional teams, leading development and communicating product strategy and roadmaps through to sourcing, marketing, manufacturing, advertising and sales teams, as needed
- Completes and submits key performance reports to B2B Manager as needed
- Excellent organization, communication, and time-management skills on multiple concurrent projects
- An ability to innovate and implement innovative ideas.
- Resourceful self-starter with excellent conversational and presentation skills, analysis and written communication
- Strong intellect with the ability to combine analytical reasoning and judgment with creative thinking & ideation
- Ability to work collaboratively in a project team
- Accountable for preparation of an unbiased view of the competitive landscape based on an in-depth understanding and analysis of competitive information
- Monitors for changes in competitive and market dynamics
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a business related field
2+ years in a product, brand or marketing related role in telecommunication industry
Experience in the product development life cycle
The interested candidates can send their application/CV at firstname.lastname@example.org within September 30th, 2018.