The telesales representative’s responsibilities include contacting potential customers, reading from a prescribed script, focusing on customer needs to close sales, and documenting customer information, purchases, and reactions.
A successful telesales representative has excellent communication skills as well as sales ability. You should be meticulous in keeping records, and able to handle all aspects of making a sale.
- Initiating sales with potential customers over the phone.
- Asking questions to engage customers and keep the conversation going.
- Listening to the customers’ needs to generate repeat sales.
- Gathering and documenting customer information, payment methods, purchases, and reactions to products.
- Keeping up to date on all products and informing customers of new products.
- Answering customers’ questions on the products.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Creative thinking skills.
- The patience and ability to engage customers in conversation.
- Good sales ability.
- Working knowledge of relevant computer software.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- The ability to handle rejection and stress in soliciting customers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business related field or computer science
- Advantage if the candidate has experience in product or telecommunication industry.